Mycoplasma Testing Market Size Worth $2.2 Billion by 2030: Grand View Research, Inc.
SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 26, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- The global mycoplasma testing market size is expected to reach USD 2.2 billion by 2030, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 13.2% from 2022 to 2030. The major factors driving the expansion of market includes growing demand for mycoplasma testing in bio manufacturing, emerging economies, and growing pharmaceutical outsourcing. Additionally, the market's overall growth is driven by rising cell-line contamination and innovation & research in biological sciences.
Key Industry Insights & Findings from the report:
- By product, kits and reagents dominated the market, and are anticipated to exhibit the fastest CAGR throughout the forecast period, due to their widespread use in mycoplasma testing
- By technology, the polymerase chain reaction segment held a larger share in 2021 which can be attributed to the technology's ability to give quick and precise findings
- Ease of conducting the procedure and rapid detection are some of the major advantages offered by the PCR method
- By application, the cell line testing segment held a larger share in 2021. the increasing risk of cell line contamination
- Mycoplasma contamination can cause alterations in cell culture metabolites and lead to development of toxins. This increases the importance of cell line testing and authentication in the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industries
- North America held the larger share in 2021. This is mostly attributed to the presence of significant market participants, as well as rising R&D spending and federal assistance
- In Asia Pacific, the market is expected to grow at the highest rate in a projected time period driven by factors such as the rising prevalence of target diseases with an aging population, rising awareness and others
Read 150-page market research report, "Mycoplasma Testing Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis By Product (Instruments, Kit & Reagents), By Technology (PCR, ELISA), By Application (Cell Line Testing, Virus Testing), By End Use, Region And Segment Forecasts, 2022 - 2030", published by Grand View Research.
Mycoplasma Testing Market Growth & Trends
Growing number of government initiatives to support pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies is also driving the market growth. The U.S. FDA proposed to remove a test for detecting mycoplasma within in vitro living cell cultures, as it can help identify only a single test method. These changes in biologics regulations are anticipated to improve specificity and sensitivity in mycoplasma detection tests, leading to introduction of new technologies in the industry. This is expected to create immense opportunities for key players in new product development.
The rates of M. pneumoniae positivity sharply decreased during the COVID-19 pandemic outbreak at the end of 2019. This was a result of the COVID-19 pandemic's stringent regulations, which successfully stopped the spread of M. pneumonia. However, it is anticipated that M. pneumonia will expand even more throughout the research period following the relaxation of COVID-19 limits, which will have a positive impact on the mycoplasma testing market's growth.
Increasing investments in R&D have contributed significantly to the market's revenue growth. With rising healthcare expenditure, research activities in the life sciences industry are increasing significantly. The adoption of new technologies for drug discovery & development and innovations in cell culture technologies are driving the demand for mycoplasma tests. The high risk of cell culture contamination remains the primary factor expected to drive the mycoplasma testing market over the forecast period.
Mycoplasma is estimated to contaminate around 15%-35% of all continuous cell cultures around the world. Out of over 190 known species of mycoplasma, only eight species are responsible for more than 95% of cell culture contamination. Poor cultural practices, aerosols, dust, and cross-contamination as a result of faulty or broken laminar flow are some of the factors responsible for an increase in the number of cell culture contamination events. Such factors are likely to drive the market demand for mycoplasma testing solutions.
Mycoplasma Testing Market Segmentation
Mycoplasma Testing Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global mycoplasma testing market on the basis of product, technology, application, end-use, and region:
Mycoplasma Testing Market - Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018 - 2030)
- Kits & Reagents
- PCR Assays
- Nucleic Acid Detection Kits
- Elimination Kits
- Standards & Controls
Mycoplasma Testing Market - Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018 - 2030)
- Direct Assay
- Indirect Assay
- Microbial Culture Techniques
- Enzymatic Methods
Mycoplasma Testing Market - Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018 - 2030)
- Cell Line Testing
- Virus Testing
- End of Production Cells Testing
Mycoplasma Testing Market - End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018 - 2030)
- Academic Research Institutes
- Cell Banks
- Contract Research Organizations
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
Mycoplasma Testing Market - Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018 - 2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
List of Key Players of Mycoplasma Testing Market
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Merck KGaA
- Lonza Group AG
- Charles River Laboratories International, Inc.
- PromoCell GmbH
- American Type Culture Collection
- Asahi Kasei Medical Co., Ltd.
- Sartorius AG
- Eurofins Scientific
Check out more related studies published by Grand View Research:
- Plasma Fractionation Market - The global plasma fractionation market is expected to reach USD 58.24 billion by 2030, expanding at a CAGR of 8.3%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The major factors driving the market growth are the rising prevalence of respiratory illnesses globally, blood-related diseases, and an aging population that is prone to a variety of rare disorders. These are the main drivers of market expansion. In addition, the rise in the prevalence of rare disorders that call for plasma therapy or derivatives also supplemented the market growth.
- Stem Cells Market - The global stem cells market size is expected to reach USD 31.6 billion by 2030, registering a CAGR of 11.4% from 2022 to 2030, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Stem cells are cells that can differentiate into a variety of other cells, eventually forming organs or tissues. Many studies have been conducted over the years to assess the true potential of stem cells, leading to a variety of applications in the fields of genetic disease treatment, neurological disorders, oncology, and organ regeneration.
- Forensic Technology Market - The global forensic technology market size is expected to reach USD 10.64 billion by 2030, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 10.2% from 2022 to 2030. Novel innovations in Research & Development (R&D) of criminal sciences have introduced progressive techniques which have increased the efficiency of forensic analysis.
Browse through Grand View Research's Biotechnology Industry Research Reports.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Grand View Compass | Astra ESG Solutions
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
Upcoming Life Sciences Events
- February 2023
- Biotechgate Digital Partnering February 2023
- Dusseldorf: 7th ECP - The first industry speed dating event
- March 2023
- Zurich: 16th Annual European Life Sciences CEO Forum
Latest company news
There are currently no news available for this portal